Applied Computing and Engineering Technology
Xueying Shen, Chairperson
The Department of Applied Computing and Engineering Technology collaborates with business and industry to prepare graduates to compete in and contribute to a diverse and dynamic global society. Students acquire the practical skills necessary to pursue entry-level careers in STEM-related (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics) occupations. Students engage in experiential learning, embracing technical education, effective communication, problem solving, professionalism, and specific workplace skills. The department promotes lifelong learning to empower students in an ever-changing world. More details on programs available through the department can be found at the Applied Computing and Engineering Technology website.
Preparation to Enter Programs
Students entering programs in Applied Computing & Engineering Technology are expected to have basic computing skills and adequate preparation in mathematics.
- Electronics Technology A.A.S.
- Energy Technology A.A.S.
- Information Technology A.A.S., Network Administration and Security
- Information Technology A.A.S., Programming and App Development
- Computer Aided Design Certificate of Applied Science
- Computer Support Certificate of Applied Science
- Electronics Technology Certificate of Applied Science
- Energy Technology Certificate of Applied Science
- Cybersecurity Certificate
- Health Information Technology Certificate
- Energy Auditor Certificate
- Recycling Technology Technical Certificate