Business Technology Department
Cheryl Galipeau, Chair
The Business Technology Department of Missoula College collaborates with business and industry to prepare graduates to compete in and contribute to a dynamic global society. The department attracts and retains skilled faculty with the professional experience and theoretical background to utilize diverse instruction which reflects current and emerging business practices. Faculty actively engage students in the learning process by integrating experiential technical education and empowering students to adapt to an ever-changing world.
Students may choose from six Associate of Applied Science degree programs and four Certificate of Applied Science programs. Degree programs include Accounting Technology with an optional concentration in Computer Support; Administrative Management with an optional concentration in Social Media Management; Food Service Management; Hospitality Management; Medical Information Technology with concentrations in Health Information Coding and Medical Administrative Assisting; Paralegal Studies; and Management with concentrations in Entrepreneurship and Sales and Marketing. Certificate of Applied Science programs include Business Media Design, Culinary Arts, Customer Relations, Hospitality Management, Medical Reception, and Sales and Marketing. Certificate of Technical Skills programs include Medical Claims Service Specialist.
- Accounting Technology A.A.S.
- Accounting Technology A.A.S., Computer Support Concentration
- Administrative Management A.A.S.
- Administrative Management A.A.S., Social Media Management Concentration
- Food Service Management A.A.S.
- Hospitality Management A.A.S.
- Management A.A.S., Entrepreneurship Concentration
- Management A.A.S., Sales and Marketing Concentration
- Medical Information Technology A.A.S., Health Information Coding Concentration
- Medical Information Technology A.A.S., Medical Administrative Assisting Concentration
- Paralegal Studies A.A.S.
- Business Media Design Certificate of Applied Science
- Culinary Arts Certificate of Applied Science
- Customer Relations Certificate of Applied Science
- Hospitality Management Certificate of Applied Science
- Medical Claims Specialist Certificate
- Medical Reception Certificate of Applied Science
- Sales and Marketing Certificate of Applied Science
- Entrepreneurship Start-up Technical Certificate