Cheryl Galipeau, Director
The Customer Relations Certificate prepares students to give customers what they expect, and then give them more! Increase your competitive advantage by creating a service culture, building and maintaining relationships, and developing customer service management systems.
Core topics include:
- Communication verbal/nonverbal , navigate challenges, effective conflict resolution, and listening skills
- Manage interpersonal relationships and build teams
- Public relations in organizations, reputation management and trust, and effective internal and external customer relationships.
Learn to turn common problems into service opportunities! Emphasis in business, computers, communications, and exceptional service skills, add to your value as a customer relations professional. Customer Relations can be earned independently, or combined with second-year curriculum toward an Associate of Applied Science degree in Administrative Management.
This certificate is offered fully online. Note: Second year A.A.S. curriculum is not available fully online. Graduates are prepared for work as customer service representatives and managers in a variety of industries.
Upon completion of the program, students will:
- Formulate service policies for excellent customer service management.
- Apply service-level decisions to develop staff, enhance customer loyalty, and deal with challenges and conflicts while serving both internal and external customers.
- Demonstrate the workplace skills of effective communication (oral, written, nonverbal), problem-solving, managing interpersonal relationships and collaborating with teams, thinking critically, and leadership.
- Ethically use research and the tools of technology to create and organize business documents efficiently, accurately, and artfully designed.
- Understand, appreciate, and recognize opportunities of diverse populations and cultures.
Related Job Titles:
- Customer Service Representative
- Customer Care
- Call Centers
- Client Relations
- Client Services
- Guest Services
- Information Clerk
Certificate of Applied Science - Customer Relations
|Customer Relations Required Courses||30-31|
Degree Specific Credits: 30-31
Required Cumulative GPA: 2.0
Note: The Certificate of Applied Science in Customer Relations is available fully online. See Program Director for advising regarding scope and sequence, course prerequisites, and math and writing placement assessments.
Customer Relations Required Courses
|Complete all of the following courses:|
|BGEN 105S||Introduction to Business||3|
|BGEN 215||Career Readiness||3|
|BGEN 220E||Business Ethics and Social Responsibility||3|
|BMGT 245||Customer Service Management||3|
|CAPP 154||MS Word||3|
|COMX 115S||Introduction to Interpersonal Communication||3|
|COMX 250||Introduction to Public Relations||3|
|CSCI 172||Intro to Computer Modeling||3|
|M 105||Contemporary Mathematics||3-4|
|or M 115||Probability and Linear Mathematics|
|WRIT 101||College Writing I||3|
Minimum Required Grade: C-