Master of Accountancy (MAcct)
Master of Accountancy
College of Business
Catalog Year: 2022-23
Degree Specific Credits: 30
Required Cumulative GPA: 3.0
- The mission of the Montana MAcct program is to provide breadth and depth in accounting, auditing, taxation, and business to develop a high level of technical knowledge, technology awareness, and leadership capability for advancement in the accounting profession and other related business careers.
- Our two-semester program covers 30 credits. You will complete a rigorous accounting core (15 credits ) and have flexibility in choosing electives (15 credits), including internships and courses in the hottest topics facing accounting professionals.
- When combined with an undergraduate accounting degree from most accredited institutions, our program results in 150 total credit hours of education, qualifying most students for CPA licensure following successful completion of all parts of the CPA exam and fulfillment of experience requirements for licensure in their state.
- You will master both technical and soft skills such as teamwork and communication by frequently working together on projects and cases. We build your review for the CPA exam into the curriculum and help you schedule the exam as a part of your program.
Courses and Electives
- MAcct students may take up to three credits of any MBA elective courses and up to six MBA elective courses in total. The additional 3 credits of MBA elective credits should be related to their planned/desired field of employment and must be approved by the Graduate Program Director prior to registration.
- All students must pass an exit exam at the end of the program to graduate.
|ACTG 610||Accounting & Data Analytics||3|
|ACTG 615||Accounting Theory||3|
|ACTG 616||Advanced Financial Topics||3|
|ACTG 631||Advanced Tax||3|
|ACTG 641||Advanced Auditing||3|
|Complete 15 credits (Possible Elective Courses)||15|
|Advanced Income Tax Practicum|
|Contemporary Accounting Problems|
|Seminar (Sustainability Reporting)|
|Seminar (Tax & Business Strategy)|
|Seminar (Professional Writing)|
|Seminar (Fraud & Forensics)|
|Seminar (Tax Research)|
Various MBA Electives
Minimum Required Grade: C