Master of Fine Arts - Creative Writing; Fiction Concentration
|500-level creative writing workshops||12|
Degree Specific Credits: 45
Required Cumulative GPA: 3.0
- The MFA program in fiction, nonfiction or poetry normally takes two years to complete. Some students who choose to attend part-time take three years.
- Submit a thesis acceptable to their MFA committee and to the Graduate School.
- A prose thesis may be a novel, group of short stories, or collection of nonfiction essays with a minimum length of 80 pages.
- A poetry thesis requires a minimum of 40 pages. With committee and graduate chair permission, an MFA could comprise work in both prose and poetry.
- Candidates give a public thesis reading after committee approval.