Master of Arts - Sociology
College of Humanities and Sciences
Catalog Year: 2022-23
Degree Specific Credits: 30
Required Cumulative GPA: 3.0
- At least half of all credits earned must be at the 500-level; however, with few exceptions, 300 and 400-level courses may also be applied to the graduate degree. All undergraduate courses taken for graduate credit require a "graduate increment" consisting of additional reading or writing.
- Students will formally express interest in one of these two options during the spring semester of their first year.
- Students interested in the thesis option will submit a brief proposal for their project. The SOCI faculty will review all thesis proposals, select a sub-set of proposals to support, and assign a faculty mentor to each selected project.
- Students interested in the applied sociological experience option will work with their faculty advisor to select several appropriate field sites for their applied experience, and will apply for internships at that site
- Graduate students must have previously taken or plan to take SOCI 455 or an equivalent.
|Complete one of the following courses:||3|
|Writing for Sociology|
|Contemporary Social Theory|
|Seminar in Crime & Deviance|
|Complete all of the following courses:|
|SOCI 561||Qualitative Methods||3|
|SOCI 562||Quantitative Methods||3|
|Complete one of the following:||6|
Complete the following course for the thesis option:
Complete the following course for the applied experience option:
Minimum Required Grade: C