Women's, Gender, and Sexuality Studies Graduate Certificate
Graduate Certificate - Women's, Gender, and Sexuality Studies
College of Humanities and Sciences
Catalog Year: 2022-23
Degree Specific Credits: 12
Required Cumulative GPA: 3.0
- Students in the program explore links between their chosen field of study and an interdisciplinary approach that addresses questions of gender, race, and class.
- The certificate is designed for master’s and Ph.D. level students who would like to obtain credentials and interdisciplinary training in Women’s, Gender and Sexuality Studies.
- The certificate will educate and train graduate students for further research in Women’s, Gender and Sexuality Studies and/or will provide an important perspective for those pursuing careers in fields such as social work, psychology, law, advocacy, non-profit administration, and education.
- At least 6 of the 12 credits required for the certificate must be 500 level or higher.
- Because not all courses with WGSS content at the graduate level are offered every year, there is no one "core" course. Students should select a core course from the list of approved courses based on the degree they will pursue. Students pursuing degrees in the Humanities should select at least one Social Science course and students pursuing degrees in the Social Sciences should select at least one Humanities course. Students in other degree programs should contact the WGSS Director.
Note: Many other courses may count for WGSS graduate certificate credit. Please check with the WGSS Director for more information.
|Complete four of the following approved courses:||12|
|Anthropology of Gender|
|Rhetorical Construction of Women|
|Rhetoric of Women's Activism|
|U.S. Women's History|
|Seminar in Inequality & Social Justice|
|Counseling Theories in Context|
|Capstone: Inequality and Social Justice|
|Sociology of Poverty|
|Writing Women's Lives|
Minimum Required Grade: C