Clinical Medical Assistant C.T.S.
Medical Assistants are cross-trained with skills and knowledge in front office administrative, clinical, and limited laboratory procedures that are designed to assist healthcare practitioners in administering to the needs of patients. Physicians appreciate the versatility of medical assistants and their role as vital partners in ambulatory settings. The program is designed to prepare the student for an entry-level position in Clinical Medical Assisting that will prepare them for a Certified Clinical Medical Assisting credential. Students can choose to continue their education and complete the AAS in Medical Assisting that makes them eligible for the Registered Medical Assisting credential upon graduation.
Upon completion of the program students will learn:
- To assist with medical examinations, vital signs, administering medications and injections (under supervision), sterilizing instruments, and electrocardiography.
- Laboratory skills will include venipuncture (under supervision) and performing selected CLIA-waived laboratory tests.
- Become acquainted with the laws and regulations governing medicine in the ambulatory setting, as well as ethical issues being confronted in the health care arena.
- Perform computer-based tasks such as electronic health records and scheduling.
- Effectively communicate with provider and patients.
- Triage messages between patients and physicians.
Certificate of Technical Studies - Clinical Medical Assistant
Catalog Year: 2022-23
|Clinical Medical Assisting Required Courses||22-23|
Degree Specific Credits: 22-23
Required Cumulative GPA: 2.0
Clinical Medical Assistant Required Courses
|Complete all of the following courses:|
|AHMA 298||Medical Assisting Externship||5|
|AHMA 201||Medical Assistance and Clinical Procedures I||4|
|AHMS 144||Medical Terminology||3|
|AHMS 156||Medical Billing Fundamentals||3|
|AHMS 220||Medical Office Procedures||4|
|BIOH 104N||Basic Human Biology||3|
|or BIOH 112||Human Form and Function I|
|BIOH 105N||Basic Human Biology Laboratory||1|
|or BIOH 113||Human Form and Function II|
Minimum Required Grade: C-