Master of Science - Wildlife Biology
Degree Specific Credits:
Thesis: 30 (no more than 10 of the credits can be research/thesis credits.)
Required Cumulative GPA: 3.0
- The only required course for all Masters students is WILD 594. Other courses are to be determined by the student, his/her faculty advisor, and graduate committee. The program limits course requirements to allow students to maximize the relevance of their degree coursework to their personal research interests.
- For the Thesis option (30 credit requirement), no more than 10 of the credits can be research/thesis credits. Of the remaining 20 course credits, at least half must be at the 500 level or above.
- For the Non-Thesis option (36 credit requirement), no more than 7 of the credits can be professional paper credits. Of the remaining 29 course credits, at least half must be at the 500 level or above.
- Thesis option requires a Thesis and Defense.
- Professional Paper option requires a Professional Paper and Defense.
- The Master's of Science requires the demonstration of distinguished scholarship in a thesis based on original and creative work. It is not granted merely as a certificate of faithful performance of a prescribed program of studies and research. This degree is designed to provide an opportunity for students to receive specialized education in fish and wildlife ecology. It involves investigation and analysis of scientific, technical or managerial subjects.