Medical Claims Specialist C.T.S.
Michelle Boller, Director
Students are prepared academically and professionally for claim specialist positions in insurance organizations and healthcare facilities. In this fast-track program, students will learn foundational skills to:
- Understand medical terminology and human biology
- Understand medical benefit plans and the claims process to responsibly verify the accuracy and receipt of claims and the analysis of information for processing claims to promote accurate and prompt reimbursement
- Communicate professionally between peers, vendors, management, and customers in order to provide exceptional customer service
- Recommend claims action steps to promote accurate and prompt reimbursement
- Additionally graduates will work collaboratively with other team members to ensure the most positive service experience to both customers and vendors.
Certificate of Technical Studies - Medical Claims Specialist
Catalog Year: 2022-23
|Medical Claims Specialist Required Courses||22|
Degree Specific Credits: 22
Required Cumulative GPA: 2.0
Note: See Program Director for scope and sequence advising. Please refer to online schedule for online course availability.
Medical Claims Specialist Required Courses
Note: Substitutions are approved at the discretion of the program director.
|Complete all of the following courses:|
|AHMS 144||Medical Terminology||3|
|AHMS 156||Medical Billing Fundamentals||3|
|AHMS 252||Computerized Medical Billing||3|
|BGEN 215||Career Readiness||3|
|BIOH 104N||Basic Human Biology||3|
|BIOH 105N||Basic Human Biology Laboratory||1|
|BMGT 245||Customer Service Management||3|
|HIT 265||Electronic Health Records||3|
Minimum Required Grade: C-