Michelle Boller, Director
Students are prepared academically and professionally for claim specialist positions in insurance organizations and healthcare facilities. In this fast-track program, students will learn foundational skills to:
- Understand medical terminology and human biology
- Understand medical benefit plans and the claims process to responsibly verify the accuracy and receipt of claims and the analysis of information for processing claims to promote accurate and prompt reimbursement
- Communicate professionally between peers, vendors, management, and customers in order to provide exceptional customer service
- Recommend claims action steps to promote accurate and prompt reimbursement
- Additionally graduates will work collaboratively with other team members to ensure the most positive service experience to both customers and vendors.
Certificate of Technical Studies - Medical Claims Specialist
|Medical Claims Specialist Required Courses
Degree Specific Credits: 22
Required Cumulative GPA: 2.0
Note: See Program Director for scope and sequence advising. Please refer to online schedule for online course availability.
Medical Claims Specialist Required Courses
Note: Substitutions are approved at the discretion of the program director.
|Complete all of the following courses:
|Medical Billing Fundamentals
|Computerized Medical Billing
|Basic Human Biology
|Basic Human Biology Laboratory
|Customer Service Management
|Electronic Health Records
Minimum Required Grade: C-