Systems Ecology Ph.D.
Doctor of Philosophy - Systems Ecology
W.A. Franke College of Forestry and Conservation
Catalog Year: 2022-23
Degree Specific Credits: 60
Required Cumulative GPA: 3.0
- Basic requirements are a minimum of 60 semester credits beyond a bachelor's degree.
- As many as 20 credits may be research (BIOS 597).
- The other 40 credits may include coursework, graduate seminars, or independent research.
- Up to 30 credits can be from a master's degree as approved by the student's committee and accepted by the Graduate School.
- PhD students must also successfully complete comprehensive exams (written and oral) and a successful defense of a dissertation of original research. PhD Students must complete their program-of-study within seven years.
- Systems Ecology PhD students must complete the PhD-level core program as an integral part of their program-of-study, as well as additional courses that support their research program and career goals.