International Educational Leadership Ph.D.
Doctor of Philosophy - International Educational Leadership
Phyllis J. Washington College of Education
Catalog Year: 2022-23
|Primary Area Coursework||30|
|Supporting Area Coursework||20|
|Electives (if needed)||4|
Degree Specific Credits: 91
Required Cumulative GPA: 3.0
- A minimum of 90 academic credits and one credit for the comprehensive exam is required for the Doctor of Education degree. Credits from an approved Master’s degree and/or Education Specialist Degree (Ed.S.) as well as post master's graduate credits may be applied toward the Ph.D. upon transcript review by the department. The primary area for all students in the Ph.D. program is International Educational Leadership and the supporting area for this degree is Higher Educational Leadership.
- A minimum of 30 credits in the primary field, exclusive of the dissertation
- A minimum of 20 credits in the supporting area
- A minimum of 9 credits in Foundations Courses
- A minimum of 15 credits in Research
- A minimum of one third of all course work must be taken in the Educational Leadership Department at UM, including one third of the coursework in the primary area
- A minimum of 12 dissertation credits to graduate at the end of your doctoral program.
- Students will also need to meet a world language requirement. The world language requirement is met when a student's undergraduate degree transcript indicates the completion of one world language semester courses (equivalent to a 3-credit semester course at UM). The requirement may be met after admission by earning a passing grade in one three-credit college-level world language course at UM, by earning transferable credits in a foreign language course at another institution, or by demonstrating proficiency. For citizens of non-English speaking countries, this requirement can be fulfilled by meeting their English language proficiency admission requirement.
- A comprehensive exam and dissertation are required for this degree.
|Complete three of the following courses:||9|
|Philosophy of Education|
|Foundations of Educational Leadership|
|Foundations of Curriculum Leadership|
|Complete all of the following research courses:|
|EDLD 486||Statistical Proc in Education||3|
|EDLD 520||Educational Research||3|
|EDLD 618||Educational Statistics||3|
|EDLD 620||Qualitative Research||3|
|EDLD 625||Quantitative Research||3|
|Complete all of the following courses:|
|Primary Area Coursework: EDLD 500- and 600-level coursework||30|
|Supporting Area Coursework: EDLD 500- and 600-level coursework||20|
|EDLD 594||Seminar (Comp Exam)||1|
|EDLD 699||Professional Seminar/Dissertation||12|
Minimum Required Grade: C